Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The day I learned to snowboard....

I've been skiing before, but I let Kellen talk me into snowboarding on Sunday 12/26. It was a gorgeous day and to roads were great. I-70 was actually very clear- most likely because people were still away for the holidays. After a short drive from Denver, a stop at a lil' ski/snowboard rental place- and we were on our way to Loveland.

And we are off...



Mountain tunnel

So much snow in the mountains- and none by our place!


Besides a bruised tailbone and really sore arms, I had a blast! Its a lot harder than it looks, but I've got turning left and right down- except when the mountain doesn't want me to turn- and slowing the board down - again, unless the mountain rather have me fall on my butt. I've got a lot to learn but I am really to try it again- well maybe in a few days when I can walk normally and move my arms above my head! :)

On the shuttle between Loveland Basin and Loveland Valley

In line for the chair lift

Nice view from the top of one of the smaller runs

I am missing the ability to move both feet separately here!

So pretty- blue skies all day long!

Kellen made it down the slopes a lot faster than me- and had time to take some nice pics!

Crazy frozen waterfall we saw along I-70 on the way home!

1 comment:

  1. Meg you're braver than me, I don't think I could give up ski's for a snowboard!

    ReplyDelete